Sisters

Sisters

Monday, December 5, 2011

A long time coming...

This title has a double meaning. First, because I have been wanting to start this blog for a long time. So, here it is! And since this is my first blog, it'll probably be a long one...just to warn you. Why start it today? Because we received LOA (letter of acceptance) today. It too was a long time coming! 82 days to be exact, but that was just if you're counting from PA, which came a couple days after LOI, which was preceded by getting our referral, which happened after a 4 month wait from LID...I could go on, but I'll spare you! You get the point. Adoption has its own language as you can tell, and it is a long process of mountains and valleys...with lots of waiting in between!

LOA feels different from all the other acronyms though. Up to this point, every milestone we reached started a countdown to waiting for yet another document (or more like a pile of documents) to be sent, received, processed or approved by the US and/or China. But this time, our countdown is to travel...to scooping up our precious little girl and welcoming her into our family. And now that moment is just 2-3 months away!

I wish I would have blogged milestones as they happened, but during these next couple months, I am excited to reflect back and write about all God has done since we started this process in September of 2010. He has been so faithful, and I have learned so much about my own adoption into God's family as a result of being on this journey. One day (and I know it will come all too soon), Ayla will read this. My prayer is that she will see how God's hand was on her before we ever even knew who she was or saw her face, and how He prepared us for each other.

Tonight though, she's halfway across the world in an orphanage, totally unaware that a mom and dad are pursuing her, loving her, and will sacrifice whatever we must to bring her into our family. We do this because we have a Father who pursued us, loves us, and sacrificed His only Son to bring us into His family. We adopt because we have been adopted...eternally!

So, feel free to join me as I chronicle our journey up to this point. I hope it's a blessing and encouragement to you! Lord willing, I will update this blog when we're in China, so you can follow our trip!

Well, I warned you this would be a long one! To show my sincere appreciation to you for reading this, I'll leave you with a few pictures of the most adorable little girl... Ayla Mae.



8 comments:

The Shulls said...

She is precious!!! I am so excited about the news... can't wait to the next update!!! Ayla Mae you have a bunch of people that are so excited to get to meet you and love on you as much as we can!!!

BrittneyJay said...

LOVE the expression on her face in that last pic...priceless! :) Can't wait to see her in your arms forever!!!! Love you guys!

Unknown said...

We are so excited for you both!! Congrats!!! Im excited to see more pictures and hearing all about your journey!! love u guys!! :) ~Robyn Spencer

Heather Joy said...

Excited to be able to pray with you along this journey of adoption. So excited for all God is doing.

Kait said...

Tiff, I am so excited for you guys! Ayla Mae is absolutely precious! Praying with you that she gets here swiftly and safely! :) I love your sweet family of 3!

Jackie said...

She is so beautiful. I am so excited for you both. Keep us updated. :)

Lindsay said...

So excited for y'all, Tiff! Can't wait to meet that sweet baby girl!

Debbie said...

Can't wait to relive the journey again and have it written down. "The Lord your God will change your heart and the heart of your children to love the Lord with all your heart and soul so you will live". Deut. 30:6.

Love, MOM